My baby! I still remember how much fun I had with this sweetheart. I browsed through a couple of recipes and took bits here and there to create this. You should notice that I made the crumbs into a pie case, just to see if it was possible. And it worked out quite well, don’t you think? The little dots of chocolate sauce gave it a little professional feel and I was (and probably still am, 6 years later) excited about this dessert.
- 100g chocolate chip cookies
- 112.5g butter
- 87.5ml milk
- 75g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 40g sugar
- 27ml coffee
- 125g dark chocolate
- 25ml double cream
- 4 strawberries
- Grease 8cm-round loose-based flan tin.
- Blend or process cookies until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add butter and milk.
- Using one hand, press cookie mixture evenly over base and around side of prepared tin; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 140 C. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs and coffee; mix until blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until centre is almost set. Cool completely on wire. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Decorate.
Cocoa and Coffee Sauce: Dissolve the instant coffee in hot water. Put dark chocolate, milk, double cream and butter into a bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt them together with the coffee. Stir in the sauce through a fine sieve and it is ready to serve.
Try it, try it, try it!!